A costovertebral block is an injection that can help temporarily eliminate pain in the costovertebral joints. This block is injected directly into the joint, blocking pain signals with local anesthetic and medication to provide immediate relief.
Upper Back and Rib Pain Treatment by Diagnostic Pain Center
The costovertebral block is a minimally invasive procedure that allows patients to receive treatment and go home the same day, feeling much better than they did before the treatment.
Causes of Costovertebral Joint Pain
Costovertebral joint pain can be caused by many things, including:
- Injury: A sudden or repetitive movement can damage the costovertebral joints.
- Strain: Overuse of the muscles that attach to the costovertebral joints can cause strain and pain.
- Degeneration: The costovertebral joints can degenerate over time, leading to pain and stiffness.
- Inflammation: Inflammation of the costovertebral joints can be caused by a number of conditions, including arthritis and infection.
- Neuralgia: Pain from a pinched nerve can radiate to the costovertebral joints.
Contact Austin’s Preferred Pain Management Clinic
Our physicians are dedicated to providing excellent service to the Austin area and not just temporarily treat your pain, but fully eliminate it! Talk to us about your pain and we’ll collaborate to develop a treatment plan that is personalized to you.